I love to decorate… so I will share with you how I decorate a bedroom on a budget and stick to only spending $55!!!
Seriously, it can be a problem…
This love of decorating I mean;-)
I have the tiniest budget for decorating…
It has become a great challenge that I love to succeed at!
Decorating, it’s what I dream about…
- It’s what I think about
- It’s what I cry about
- Not really… but that would be ridiculous right?!?!?!
- It’s what I laugh about
- It’s what I blubber about (I get teary eyed and feel I have won an Olympic gold medal when a room is complete!!)
- It’s basically a problem sometime!!
BUT, I love making my house into a home and guess what??!!??!!?!
I have a new blank canvas!!!!!
So what do I do with my canvas????
I paint it!!!!!
While 8 months prego, with my mom and sister Mollie, we knock out 3 rooms, minimum 3 coats of paint each… in an afternoon/evening… Then move in the next day…(More on that later)
Now here’s what I love:
I love all things vintage…
I love all things chippy…
I love all things cowboy (although I didn’t marry a cowboy, he looks great in all things cowboy… tight jeans, tight collared shirts… Tight…errrr… cowboy boots:-)
So… to give into all my loves… I decorate a cowboy room!!!!
It took a while…
When you put someone with these OCD and yet very short attention span tendencies on a project, they (I) go head first and want it done YESTERDAY!!! But instead of getting it done… I get distracted:
- By other projects
- By the coffee pot
- By the babes (kiddos)
- By the laundry
- By the beds needing to be made
- By the red front door needing another coat of paint
- By it being 1800 hours and I need to feed my babes dinner
- By the dishes in the sink
- By needing to pee (ask anyone, I drink a lot of water)
- By the spill I find in the fridge (so I empty the fridge and scrub that out)
- By the Dining Room 10 ft. Harvest Table we are building (more on that later too)
- By the babes needing their mommy
- By the barn door headboard we are building (again… Too many projects but more on that later)
- By the bathroom beautification project (again, another project to be revealed… At a much later date)
- Do you get the picture…
- I am easily distracted!!!
Do you see the problem????
I am the problem….If I had thousands of dollars at my disposal I would rush through everything and realize:
- “I don’t like those curtains, let’s get different ones.”
- “I think this rocker looks better downstairs.” (I did this to my poor husband… That rocker went up and down those stairs 4 times in 2 days!)
- “Now these bed sheets don’t work.”
Back to this Cowboy Bedroom though…
I love it!!!
The boys (Beau too, he just can’t speak yet, but he does) love it too!!!
AND all it took was a can of paint and $55 worth of décor!
Here’s the breakdown:
- 2 sets of bed sheets- $25 (I LOVE AMAZON!!!!)
- Crib- (Already had… chips, eaten wood and all, having been through three babies and all)
- Twin bed- (that was Kurt’s when he was a boy)
- Changing Table/storage bins- (Bought at Ikea 6 years ago and has gone through all three babies)
- Cowboys and barbed wire- Gift from my momma
- Curtains- Bed sheets I sewed up, since I couldn’t find a fabric I loved (Gift from Kurt’s momma along the matching crib sheet!!)
- Hooks/Rope for windows- $5 (These turned out awesome!!!! 4 eye hooks and rope tied at the end… genious… and cheap!!! There’s a story to these too!!!! Including drilling holes in the walls at 11 p.m. with the babies sleeping on the bed I was standing on… seriously hilarious… THEY DIDN’T WAKE UP!!!!)
- Rope on the walls- cost of rope (and a wonderful sister-in-law that climbs up there and hot glued it up there for me!)
- Framed Cowboys- $5 (found music & paper books while antiquing)
- John Wayne sign- $7!!! (I love me some Hobby Lobby)
- Indian Banner- $5 (antique shop here in town)
- Wagon Lamp- FREE (Gift from my Grandma Boersma, AKA the kid’s great grandma) (The whole room’s décor was based around this lamp. You will find I decorate around an object that I love.)
- Red stacked Boxes- $5
- Blue lantern-$3
- Everything else I had!!!! (Those hats… one was mine and one was Kurt’s… hehehe… I have an understanding husband..)(He never wore it anyways..)
Grand Total: $55!!!!!!!!!
Told you I decorate on a BUDGET!!!
I decorate on a budget and wouldn’t do it any other way even if I could:-) I mess things up or just decide I want to change them again in a hot minute anyway! If I had dumped a lot of $$ into something, I would fell more obligated to keep it around longer than… 2 minutes;-)
Needless to say….
I love to make a house a home using the resources God has given us in the most FRUGAL way possible…
Cowboys and all, this room…at this moment…is my favorite room in our home!
In other news totally not related:
~I am still working on getting this new blog up and running WELL!!! So stick around for updates on TONS of posts, with new pictures and updates COMING!
~I HATE technology!!!! Totally despise it actually!
~I also, at the moment, HATE pregnancy… not the getting a cute and cuddly baby at the end… but the carrying of said baby! I LOVE the baby… HATE the pain;-/