I painted the front door of my house RED…
You want to know why?????
I like red!
I have never had a problem with red…. UNTIL NOW!!!!
One coat of primer and three coats of red paint later and…
I hate it!
We went on a picnic in the backyard so I could cry it out, keep my sanity, eat food, Relax and cuddle my babies, and gain some perspective!!! Perspective people… I lose it a lot (perspective that is:-)
(and yes, we have become thooooose people…)
So after a lovely picnic with this skunk smelling dog in tow…
I went back to dealing with my front door…
Three days later…
What is a girl to do when she doesn’t like a color??? The answer is: Mix her own paint until she gets what she wants!!!!
Here is the door now!!!! And I love it!!! You may not be able to tell a difference but I can…
See that beautiful carving???? Heavenly, Just heavenly!!!!
CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?!?!?!
So about that front door….
While painting this door for the thousandth time, I was thinking…
- Could I really write a blog? (because this is what everyone thinks when they are painting a door, right?!?!?!)
- What do I really have to say?!
- I have done a million projects and during this one I have the pesky thought that I should start a blog??!!??!!!
- No one would understand…
- My mind. A mile a minute and nothing makes sense! Not even to me:-)
After trying to talk myself out of this obviously ridiculous adventure (ask anyone who knows me, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS OR HOW TO WORK THEM, TURN THEM ON, UPLOAD (what’s that???), or DOWNLOAD (why is that different from uploading???) My so very awesome and wonderful other sister-in-love (not the previous other two mentioned but the most recently added sister, Hannah) decided to take on the daunting task of teaching an old dog new tricks. Poor girl:-(
I decided I should think about it… (at the rate my mind runs, this took about 10 minutes)
THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
What I have been told by more people than I can count on 2 fingers:
- You should start a blog!!! Response: Absolutely not!
- Blogging is fun!!! Response: It sounds stressful and who has time for that??!!!
- Blogging is a good way to keep track of life!!! Response: That makes sense.
- It would be entertaining!!! Response: I am not a very entertaining person nor have I written anything in a cazillion years. I can’t write (feel free to show me all my typos)
- Your life is crazy!!! Response: No crazier than anyone else’s.
So my reasons for writing this blog:
I can’t remember ANYTHING!!!!
Like seriously…. NOTHING!!!
Kurt finds it ridiculous….
I find it… Annoying…
No more A’s.
My rememberer didn’t remember anything before I had my babies, now…. It’s scary!!!!
I can’t find my phone when it’s in my hand
I grab 2 items for a project and lose 1 (the tool I most need in the minute I am tangles in rope and fabric) (I do projects with a helping hand if I can at all help it) (Mollie, my sister-in-love, seems to get the brunt of that probably obnoxious task)
I ramble… Mainly because I forget what I was saying
Then I think a new topic is exciting but I forget before I get to the point….
Then remember two days later I forgot to get tea for a guest in my home (poor Nicky)
It’s a problem!
I need this blog to remember…
-where I last put my phone
-put my cup of coffee
-when I last changed my son’s (or daughter’s) diaper
-the name of the man I married and love so dearly
-the names of my offspring
-my aunt’s name
-my brother’s names (there are a few of them)
-the names of my 52 chickens (not really, that would be insane)
-It’s the only way I will remember if I put underwear on this morning…
-Ummm… This blog will NEVER include whether I put underwear on (unimportant to everyone but me)
So… This blog is where I will post:
- About my wonderful life in the country: funny, sad, and gory details included.
- My baby!!! He’s the best man I know.
- My babies!!! They are the cutest pipsqueeks around:-)
- My projects!!!! And I do some doozies. Some turn out, some don’t.
- My babies!!! The baby chicks I mean. (Babies… Another word please… this is getting confusing)
- My jobs: I have a few:-)
- Anything I want because it’s my blog
And all of these thoughts came to me,
While Painting MY RED FRONT DOOR